We are a diverse group of Californians who believe that, together, we can achieve a brighter future for California. We believe that with more self-governance, California can provide better health, education, and social services to its residents, incentivize economic growth, increase environmental protections, and restore democratic values, all while reducing taxes.
Independent California is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization that exists to advocate for:
- Equal treatment for California with respect to federal taxation and spending
- Equal rights for all Californians, both on the state and federal level
- Structural and policy reforms to California’s government to promote a truer and more functional democracy
- Greater autonomy from the federal government for California, potentially up to and including independence
- Defending and improving upon California’s status as one of the most pluralistic, enlightened, and democratic places on Earth
Our organization is supported by volunteers and financial donors from various political parties, advocacy and activist groups, industries, and regions of the state. We are constantly exploring various avenues by which to advance our mission, including:
- working with the state legislature
- networking with various groups, industries, and individuals
- embarking on educational campaigns and grassroots advocacy
We also have an affiliated think tank called the Independent California Institute.
It’s your state and your future. Help make it a reality by joining us. Your donations and efforts will help us fight for a better future for all Californians.
Learn more about our mission, who we are, and how we are different from other organizations.